Apologies if this is too close to questions already asked, but interested to know of others favourites in particular from other countries.
I come from outback South Aus, and our flower is the Sturt Desert Pea which I remember seeing for the first time as a teen and thought it looked sooo unique as a flower in real life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swainsona_formosa
I also loveeeee the idea of glow in the dark plants, I've never seen one before but there are these mushrooms that apparently do just that!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bioluminescent_fungi
I don't know if I would have had one before marriage, but my wife loves peonies, so we have been surrounded by them for 26 years - and I love them too!
Aw thats sweet to be surrounded by them because your wife loves them. Wow they are so bright and vibrant!
Whoa, these are really beautiful! My dream is also to one day have a garden filled with peonies 😊🌸
I think hydrangeas are up there on my favorite flowers list! We have a ton at my house - they are easy to care for and just so pretty when they bloom!
I'll also add that I love these trees at a local store - I've never done the work to figure out what exactly they are, but they're just so fun when they bloom in the spring!
I moved to Australia from the UK many, many years ago, and the one plant that always fascinates me is the Gymea Lily. It's such an odd looking thing, usually completely different from everything around it, which always struck a chord with me.
I love hydrangeas too!
Star Jasmine is one of my favorites because of the scent. This isn't our plant, but it is a lovely example.
Wow searched up hydrangeas and they look soooo pretty, like a ball of colourful flowers.
Wow they are sooo unique and also so tall too. Amazing how it can just jut out of the ground like that. Bet it can get a lot of nice sunlight even amongst other plants.
oh wow there is some really nice designs of these i can see online, I kinda wish I had a backyard so I can line this across a wall/fence like in the photos. I'll have to check out a florist nearby to see if I can sneak a smell and check it out.
I love having flowers on my window sills. I used to prefer evergreens, but lately, I’ve fallen for orchids.
Yes looked at images on internet they have so many beautiful colors .... Looks just Awesome
Orchids are so beautiful! A family member has a large number of them and they're so well maintained. Unfortunately, I need the easiest to care for plants. Maybe when I no longer have children at home, I'll have the time and energy for a new (and beautiful) hobby!
Wow these are so pretty, I used to have a home plant but unfortunately had to get rid of them. This really makes me want to get an at home window sill flower now!
@Andy Gladstone I don't think I even knew about peonies before my wife introduced them to me. But have to agree, they are beautiful flowers. We certainly don't have any as incredible as yours! Wonderful!
I'm a big fan of orchids too! 🌸 At my previous workplace, I had more than five different kinds brightening up my desk. They're absolutely stunning flowers - just a bit high-maintenance, but totally worth the effort! 🩷
I don't have a favorite plant. My wife does, we have a lot of paintings and pictures around the house of these, and we try to plant some each year, and have random success.
oooh, totally @Trudy P Claspill!
I have not grown below plant....but I like flower alot. Name is krishna kamal in India also called as Passion Flower. It comes in white, pink, blue and purple colour.
Wow, these are incredibly beautiful! 💜❤️
Wow I love flowers like these, they have such a unique look, the colours are amazing. I can't imagine what it must be like to just stumble upon them growing in nature.
That's so great to hear you are trying to plant them too, the world needs more flowers!
I found my first passionflower vine last year. I am in Montana USA so I overwintered it last year and it is growing crazy right now. Can't wait to see what color it will be. I rescued it from being sundamaged and the store didn't know what kind of plant it was.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.