Morning.
I have confirmed the following in 2 separate one-atlassian environments.
When using the work item planner agent, either in confluence, or in Jira, asking the agent to create the epics or issues (ie: from the page action items, or from an epic etc) always fails with errors like
“It seems there was an issue with creating the Jira epics directly from the action items on the "Brainstorming" page. However, I can guide you through creating them manually based on the breakdown I provided earlier.”
or
"It seems there was an issue creating the epics in Jira. Please ensure that you have the necessary permissions to create epics in your Jira instance."
I've read the agent instructions end to end multiple times, and it definitely seems like it should be able to create items in Jira in these situations.
What is going on? Is there anywhere to look for log files? Audit-log has nothing....
Thanks in advance!
NOTE - its not just work item planner. Another example is Issue Organizer Agent, which won't suggest parents/epics for things without a parent. It'll detect them fine but then says this when there are CLEARLY Epics/Parents that would be appropriate:
"Unfortunately, I couldn't find any suitable epics to suggest as parents for these tasks. If you have specific criteria for selecting a parent, please let me know, and I can assist further!"