Can I create a Project on JIRA via MCP client?I want to pass all required parameters for this from chat via mcp client like cursor.
Hey @Balvir Singh as far as I know you can't currently create a brand new project using MCP.
Fyi, I have successfully created the project with mcp.I used the following MCP serverhttps://github.com/sooperset/mcp-atlassianand extend the new tool in this "jira_create_project".It works perfectly. Thanks.
Hi Michael
Sounds Great that, is it work with Cursor IDE?
Enrique
Yes,you can use any IDE like Cursor, Github Copilot, or Windsurf.
@Balvir Singh while the official Atlassian MCP doesn't currently support project creation out of the box to @Michael Yaroshefsky - Visor for Jira point, but as you mentioned it's possible to extend a custom MCP server with new tools such as jira_create_project. This kind of setup works with IDEs like Cursor, GitHub Copilot, or Windsurf, as long as they're configured to interact with your custom MCP instance.
jira_create_project
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.