I have been using Jira PD for a while and it is useful for organising top-level ideas. I use the delivery link to associate epics but I don't find it very useful from that point. I have a plan where I can organise epics by idea, but I can't incorporate any of the critical idea data in my filters so I just get a list of ideas in alphabetical order and the epics beneath it.
I am looking at various clunky options of creating initiatives above my epics to replicate my ideas and/or setting custom fields in epics based on the delivery link. I am also considering ditching Jira PD altogether and creating initiatives with the key data from the idea so that I can sort and filter by high priority initiatives and open a hierarchy to epics and work items.
I don't plan any ideas by date just business value (cost of delay), duration and CD3 (cost of delay/size) and quarterly OKRs.
Anyone else tackled these types of problems and reached a problem that gets around the weaknesses in the Jira PD > Jira integration? Anything on the roadmap that I can wait for instead of butchering a load of custom fields and automation rules?