I noticed this bug that I can consistently reproduce causes a call stack to appear in the "comment" text box where I was typing. Here's the steps:
1. Create a new card
2. Start typing a comment on that card
3. Hit ":" to get the text editor into a state where it's searching for emojis
4. Type a few characters that produce some emoji search results, such as "hand"
5. In another tab, copy an emoji character onto your clipboard, such as ☝️
6. Paste the emoji into the trello comment text editor
When I follow these steps, I see this callstack:
Something's gone wrongError details:Error: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be removed is not a child of this node..Error info: at t (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:162095)at id (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:164301)at https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:193598at aG (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:203127)at t (https://trello.com/assets/ltp.3c79a42e838b8ef25924.js:1:305062)at lat n (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:65396)at aK (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:212627)at aq (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:213224)at divat https://trello.com/assets/ltp.3c79a42e838b8ef25924.js:42:367982at divat gZ (https://trello.com/assets/trello-editor.2375014ecadeeccec8da.js:154:457258)at s (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:7674)at a (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:7567)at i (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:7486)at divat h (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:85654)at s (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:39:40445)at t (https://trello.com/assets/atlaskit-composable-editor.0b578eed42c044870115.js:1:214822)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:38981)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:36337)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:67992)at xat t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:41807)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:1:63268)at t (https://trello.com/assets/notifications-menu-button.d47e3ab96c5d28483d0a.js:39:31693)at E (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2664:866)at Suspenseat v_ (https://trello.com/assets/trello-editor.2375014ecadeeccec8da.js:154:462840)at Suspenseat o (https://trello.com/assets/card-back.07f79cbbdbfd3442e5c9.js:6452:21991)at a (https://trello.com/assets/ltp.3c79a42e838b8ef25924.js:1:257995)at oU (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2803:23514)at o (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2951:64910)at divat r (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2663:95537)at a (https://trello.com/assets/ltp.3c79a42e838b8ef25924.js:1:257995)at oU (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2803:23514)at o (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2951:64910)at divat r (https://trello.com/assets/app.9fc1f59fa0f0180cba14.js:2663:95537).
Hi @schrothl, welcome to the Trello Community!
Thanks for sharing your bug report in detail! I tried the steps you shared on my Chrome browser, but I am unable to see the call stack error. Are you able to share what browser and OS you're using? If it's okay, can you please share a recording so I can see the clear steps? I don't think I am following steps 4-6 correctly.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Sure! Here's my windows version:
And here's a recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Xovv9S0bc
Hi @schrothl thanks for the information above! It's very helpful
After some testing on our end and using Chrome, we were able to reproduce what you're seeing and have now opened up a new bug report that you can find right here: TRELLO-1378.
I have also added this ticket as an internal comment to this report so that way our engineering team can reference it and also use it to help align priority.
As of right now, I don't have an ETA on when this fix will be released, as it depends on various factors such as the team’s backlog and the complexity of the bug itself. That being said, with the link I sent above, you should be able to watch this issue by clicking on Start watching this issue.
For further information about how we track and fix our bugs, you can review the Atlassian Cloud Bug Fix Policy.
If you have any additional questions, things you would like to make known about this bug, other concerns or feedback, please feel free to let me know!
I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any questions!----------------If this post helps with your query, then please consider the Accept answer or Like button to help the other users find it more quickly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.