I didn't have my .gitignore files setup before I committed my project. Now all my .svn/* files are being committed. How can I expunge these files from my repo and tell git to stop tracking them (using SourceTree)? Thanks!
In file status view, select all files, and you may right click on the file/folder and select stop tracking within sourcetree and add it to .gitgnore.
Doing as @sreekumar menon mentioned, the .svn is still part of your history - but will not be part of the future history.
If you want to remove your svn-folder permanently from your complete history, have a look for example at this:
https://help.github.com/articles/remove-sensitive-data/
Thanks for the link- this worked for me - git rm -r --cached some-directory git commit -m 'Remove the now ignored directory "some-directory"' git push origin master also add it to .gitignore.
Johannes link will remove it from entire history, if you don't care about appearing in history the above should work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.