Hey everyone! 👋
So, quick question:
Ever feel like Atlassian updates are moving faster than you can keep up?
Because seriously, there's something new almost every week — new features, smarter tools, shiny buttons popping up out of nowhere.
As someone who's deep into the Atlassian world every day (Jira admin life 💻), I’ve started doing a few things differently to stay sane, productive, and even have a little fun along the way.
Here’s my not-so-secret guide 👇
1. The 15-Minute Brain Boost
I give myself 15 mins a day to learn just one thing:
I treat it like a daily quest. Jira task, checklist, and boom — it goes to “Done.” ✔
2. Follow Tags Like a Detective 🕵️♀️
You know how we follow hashtags on LinkedIn?
Same deal here.
I follow tags like #automation, #cloud-changes, #productivity, #confluence-love – and it’s honestly the easiest way to filter out the noise. If I see "Release Notes" tagged, I click. Fast, focused, no FOMO.
3. My “Learning Snippets” Confluence Page
Every time I find something new (like a hidden Jira shortcut or how to make a cool dashboard gadget), I quickly write a note in my Confluence page.
No long paragraphs. Just bullets, screenshots, maybe a meme.
And yes, it makes me feel like I’m building my own mini-Atlassian-Wiki.
4. One Event a Month Rule
Even if it’s just a webinar I watch while eating lunch, I pick one Atlassian event a month:
One event = tons of new ideas + maybe some cool people to connect with 🙌
5. Gamify Everything!
This one changed the game (literally):
I made a “Level-Up” board in Jira just for myself.
Each time I:
And it keeps me going.
Over to you!
Do you also feel like Atlassian updates come at the speed of light? ⚡
Got any fun or unusual ways you keep up and stay productive?
Share them below 👇 I’m always looking to steal—I mean, learn—new tricks 😄
Let’s grow together,
— Sanam Malleswari ✨