F:\rovo>acli.exe rovodev2025-06-25 16:52:13.077 | ERROR | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:_get_config:109 - Failed to retrieve dynamic user config after multiple retries.
Hey fan yang,
That error suggests the Atlassian CLI (acli) can't retrieve your dynamic user config, which usually points to authentication or network connectivity issues.
Quick troubleshooting steps:
Check your auth:
acli auth list
acli auth login
Network issues:
--debug
Config cleanup:
Alternative: Try running acli config show to see what configuration it's trying to load.
acli config show
The "multiple retries" part suggests it's a connectivity issue rather than a config syntax problem.
Drop me a line if you're still stuck after trying these steps
@fan yang welcome to the community!
This is another good question for https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Rovo-for-Software-Teams-Beta/gh-p/rovo-dev-ai-agents
Welcome to Rovo Dev (beta), Atlassian's AI coding agent.
Here are some quick tips:
• Ask Rovo Dev anything in your own words - from "explain this repo" to "add unit tests".• Type "/" at any time to see available commands.• Use CTRL+C to interrupt the agent during generation.• Use /exit to quit.
Working in C:\Users\Administrator
╭─ Rovo Dev Agents is not installed on your site ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮│ ││ To use Rovo Dev CLI, your organization administrator needs to install Rovo Dev Agents. ││ ││ Visit https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=devai to request access. ││ │╰──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯
╭──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮│ To resume your session, restart Rovo Dev CLI with the --restore flag. │╰───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────not work
✗ Error: unknown command "auth" for "acli"Usage: atlassian_cli_rovodev.exe run [OPTIONS] [MESSAGE]...Try 'atlassian_cli_rovodev.exe run --help' for help.╭─ Error ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╮│ No such option: --debug │╰──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯✗ Error: failed to execute the command
@fan yang in the error message you received I see " Rovo Dev Agents is not installed on your site" this means Rovo Dev Agents hasn’t been added to your Jira or Confluence site. You'll need to ask your site admin to install it from the Atlassian Marketplace or enable it in admin settings. You’ll need site-level permissions to proceed.
https://support.atlassian.com/rovo/docs/set-up-rovo-dev-agents/
When I experienced this it was because my firewall was blocking acli's access to `api.statsig.com`, which seems to be a telemetry company. When I whitelisted the domain I started to be able to connect again.
OMG, thank you, this is what finally solved this for me. I work from home and run a Pihole with pretty aggressive block settings. As soon as I allow listed statsig the rovodev errors (pasted below) went away!I hope Atlassian will realize that their products should not fail just because telemetry and feature flag services cannot connect (we refactored an app because a Launchdarkly outage took it down).
acli rovodev mcp2025-09-30 11:57:53.697 | ERROR | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:_get_config:115 - Failed to retrieve dynamic user config after multiple retries.2025-09-30 11:57:53.698 | WARNING | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:config:79 - Failed to retrieve dynamic configuration, using defaults.2025-09-30 11:57:54.586 | WARNING | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:config:79 - Failed to retrieve dynamic configuration, using defaults.2025-09-30 11:57:54.587 | WARNING | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:config:79 - Failed to retrieve dynamic configuration, using defaults.2025-09-30 11:57:54.587 | WARNING | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:config:79 - Failed to retrieve dynamic configuration, using defaults.2025-09-30 11:57:54.587 | WARNING | rovodev.common.dynamic_config:config:79 - Failed to retrieve dynamic configuration, using defaults.
So, if I understand this correctly, `acli` breaks if it can't retrieve some sort of AB testing configuration? Nice...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.