I've got a remote agent running on Linux that I use a custom bamboo-capabilities.properties file in the agent's bin directory to define numerous capabilities local to the agent. This seems to work fine. I can't locate it at the moment, but previously saw documentation somewhere that said if you want to do this, and prevent Bamboo agent from automatically detecting capabilities to use a switch in the wrapper.conf of the agent like this :
wrapper.java.additional.4=-DDISABLE_AGENT_AUTO_CAPABILITY_DETECTION=true
When I view the agent in the Bamboo Admin agent panel it detects an old Ant install at /usr
I delete this capability from the admin agent page and add this to bamboo-capabilities.properties :
system.builder.ant.Ant=/opt/tools/apache-ant-1.8.3
and restart the agent. Yet it resets the "Ant" capability to /usr and not to the custom defined option.
Is using DISABLE_AGENT_AUTO_CAPABILITY_DETECTION correct? Am i missing something else?
Environment :
Bamboo 4.1 : JDK 1.6 and Linux for both Bamboo and agents.