Coming into Goals and Projects as a newbie to Atlas functionality.
Is there some kind of tutorials or recommendations or getting started guide to help one set up the structure so things don't go sideways quickly?
The below article (and the articles linked on it) are good references to get started.
https://support.atlassian.com/platform-experiences/docs/what-is-atlassian-home/
Though relatively straightforward, here's how we refer to Platform Experiences (aka Atlassian Home / Goals & Projects):
Goals are large-scale company initiatives that are broken down into Projects (though Goals can have Jira work items associated, like Epics).
Projects are (more or less) how the work gets done, but is useful to have a separate object outside of Jira, since multiple teams can be involved. A Project Manager might need four separate teams with different Jira Projects to work towards the completion of a project.
Teams are the groups of people doing the work.
That said, especially with Project Management tools, you need an executive sponsor to really drive home the importance of using the tool. A member of the C Suite that actually cares about the tool, wants the company to be successful with it, and shows up to meetings about it - that's who you need to support you and consistently (and regularly) talk about it, reassess, and find ways to improve.
Thanks for the reply - I'm looking more for a diagram and examples, like how does Atlassian use these?
Understood. Sorry, Lisa - I am not sure if they have anything like that available. Previously Atlas had links to The Loop Framework (below), that is probably the closest thing I can think of. I included one more link too, but it's just a general description similar to the links previously posed. Best of luck.
https://www.atlassian.com/loop/about
https://www.atlassian.com/platform/platform-apps
Hi @Lisa McCann
I have a very simple example of how to set Goals for implementing the OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) goal-setting framework. It might be a bit dated, but I think the basics are covered: https://medium.com/oboard-okr-software/okr-jira-0ebb8d868bf3#c5a1You can reach out to me or drop a comment under the Medium post in case you have any questions: https://www.linkedin.com/in/margosakova/
I would say Goals are pretty flexible, and you can build a lot of different things based on your specific use case
Dave,
Thanks! I'll check these out.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.