Hi! I'm using Sourcetree on a Mac. I get a message when trying to clone a repository:
fatal: Authentication failed
But I can't find the way to reenter the password. Please help
Thanks!
Hi
Try this
Option 1: Clear Stored Credentials (Windows Credential Manager)
1. **Close SourceTree**.2. Open the **Windows Credential Manager**:- Press `Win + S`, type **"Credential Manager"**, and open it.3. Go to **Windows Credentials**.4. Look for entries related to:- `git:https://...`- `SourceTree`- `Atlassian`5. Delete those entries.6. Reopen SourceTree. When you try to `pull`, `push`, or `fetch`, it will prompt you to enter your credentials again.
Option 2: Reconfigure Authentication Method
1. Open SourceTree.2. Go to **Tools > Options > Authentication**.3. In the **Accounts** tab, select the affected account.4. Click **Edit**.5. Change the authentication method to:- **OAuth** (for Bitbucket)- **Personal Access Token (PAT)** (for GitHub or Azure DevOps)6. Enter the new token or log in as required.
Option 3: Manually Reconfigure the Repository
1. Open the repository in SourceTree.2. Go to **Repository > Repository Settings**.3. In the **Remotes** section, edit the repository URL if needed.4. Save and retry the operation.
Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.