Hi Community,
I'm trying to sync a "Planned Delivery Date" from a JPD field to a linked Jira Epic.
My Setup:
- Automation Rule triggers when a JPD Idea is linked to an Epic.
- The rule is configured to edit the
linkedIssue (the Epic). - I'm pulling the value from a JPD field (
customfield_XXXXX) whose value, according to the API, is a JSON string (e.g., "{\\"start\\":\\"...",\\"end\\":\\"..."}"). - My Smart Value for the date is:
{{triggerIssue.customfield_XXXXX.jsonParse.end.jqlDate}} (intended to parse the JSON string and extract the date). - I'm writing the value into a Debug Text field on the Epic.
The Problem: The Automation Rule shows SUCCESS in the Audit log, but the Debug Text field on the Epic remains empty. The JPD field is populated, IDs are confirmed, and the rule structure is set to linkedIssue.
Question: Why isn't the Smart Value (with jsonParse) resolving to a value, or why isn't it being written to the field? Any debugging ideas would be greatly appreciated!
