
It's happened to everyone at some point. You put a pair of socks in the wash, and, when you put away the dry clothes later, one sock is missing. Where do they go? Does the washer eat them…or maybe the dryer? Well, today is National Lost Sock Memorial Day. (https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-day/national-lost-sock-memorial-day-may-9)

I had a friend who tried to avoid this. She got something called sock locks (this was at least 35 years ago). Anyway, they were little plastic things she put around the pair of socks to keep them together in the washer, dryer, and drawer. She said it was because her husband was colorblind and couldn't tell which socks made a pair, but maybe it was the lost sock issue.
What do you do with your lost socks? Make sock puppets to entertain your children? Use them to dust the house? Wear mismatched pairs? Put them in the drawer hoping that the other one magically shows up sometime?
I think that today I will go through my sock drawer and see how many single socks I can put to some other purpose. Happy Friday everyone!
