Hi all,
I'm trying to set up our Bamboo 4.0.1 instance to access our Active Directory server to create user accounts and then authenticate them. The computer that is running Bamboo is on the same subnet as the Domain Controller, and for pretty much every network access to it we simply just use the server name. I've tried using this, and tried using the DC=network,DC=local values everywhere, both with and without the server name as an additional DC.
I'm using the AD username and password that our IT department supplied. When I use the JXplorer tool it authenticates just fine (I can see the AD setup), but when I use the Paddle tool, I get the following output:
################################################################################
###########################################
LDAP Support Tool version 2.0
################################################################################
###########################################
Failed to connect to LDAP server: Username or password is incorrect. Please check them again.
com.atlassian.paddle.connection.ConnectionException: Username or password is incorrect. Please check them again.
at com.atlassian.paddle.connection.DefaultConnectionFactory.createFriendlyLdapException(DefaultConnectionFactory.java:43)
at com.atlassian.paddle.connection.DefaultConnectionFactory.createConnection(DefaultConnectionFactory.java:34)
at com.atlassian.paddle.task.DefaultTaskRunner.runTask(DefaultTaskRunner.java:33)
at com.atlassian.paddle.Paddle.main(Paddle.java:64)
Caused by: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1]
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.paddle.connection.DefaultConnectionFactory.createConnection(DefaultConnectionFactory.java:27)
... 2 more
I'm fairly sure that I've got the atlassian-user.xml set up correctly, but our IT dept is unfamiliar with Bamboo and I'm unfamiliar with LDAP as well as being reasonably new to Bamboo. I have done a lot of reading over the last few days, but unfortunately haven't found anything other than that AD requires some form of ou entry but I'm not sure where to put that or what to use (I'm guessing I'd have to get that last bit from the IT dept???)
I've attached the atlassian-user.xml file (had to re-name it since wouldn't allow me to attach with .xml extension) as I've currently got it constructed - though I've blanked out the server name, access username and password for security reasons ;-) .
I'd be grateful for an assist if there's something obvious like missing dc or ou entries.
TIA,
Jason [SolveIT Software] (atlassian-user.xml.txt)