I cannot get Rovo (Agent Work Item Planner) to create epics and stories in a Jira SW project.
I'm sure I've seen this in a demo at Team'25!
Background, Rovo helped to put together a high level plan with main and sub-ojectives for a Connect to Forge app migration, which worked beautifully.
Here is an excerpt of the dialogue:
Me: “In the DSS project can you create an epic for each top level sub-objective and then stories in each epic.”
Rovo: “It seems there was an issue creating the epics and stories in the DSS project. You can try creating them directly in Jira using the following structure:
Me: “can you explain in detail why you cannot create epics in project DSS?”
Rovo: “I apologize for the confusion earlier. It seems there was an issue with accessing the functionality to create epics directly. However, I can guide you on how to create epics in the DSS project using Jira: .....”
[OK Rovo, I created an epic manually]
Me: “can you create stories for me in epic DSS-96”
Rovo: “The epic DSS-96 titled "Address Forge Platform Limitations" currently does not have any child issues or stories associated with it. Based on the high-level objective of addressing limitations in the Forge platform, here are some suggested stories you can create under this epic:
Epic: Address Forge Platform Limitations (DSS-96)
Story 1: Implement Manual Solutions for Unsupported Features
…..
Next Steps
Would you like me to create these stories in the DSS project under the epic DSS-96, or do you have more context to share to further refine the task list?
”
Me: “Yes please do create these stories”
Rovo: ”It seems there was an issue creating the stories directly in Jira. However, you can manually create these stories under the epic DSS-96 using the following details: ….
….
You can create these stories by navigating to the DSS project in Jira, selecting the epic DSS-96, and using the "Create" button to add new stories with the details provided above.”
What can I do to have Rovo create Jira SW work items like epics and stories based on a specification?
Has anyone else managed to get Rovo to create items in Jira?