Hello Everyone!
It’s that time once again to take a look at everything that has happened in the past month! From major events, to product announcements, to amazing people providing great tips & best practices to help the Community, I guarantee there is something here for everyone. Let’s get started!
As always, there are a TON of amazing things happening and here is just a small sample of all the great things you don’t want to miss out on!
First up, I decided to include both sets of release notes from the Community team this month. With the new Forums rollout there are a number of defects that have cropped up. The good news is that the Community Development team has been hard at work correcting them. Check out both sets of notes to see everything that has been fixed.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Announcement-articles/Community-release-notes-for-April-1-2025/ba-p/2987472https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Announcement-articles/Community-release-notes-for-April-14-2025/ba-p/2997861
Next, reaching the illustrious Level 10 is no small feat. Please join me by congratulating @LarryBrock for this massive accomplishment!https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Announcement-articles/Larry-Brock-Reaching-Level-10-and-Beyond-A-Decade-of-Dedication/ba-p/3000158
The certification team has released a new certification for you to earn. In a surprise twist it’s NOT another Jira certification. If you would like to learn the essentials of Loom, you should take the free course and then why not try your hand at the certification.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Training-Certification-articles/New-cert-alert-Loom-Essentials-certification-is-here/ba-p/2989532
Next, Atlassian is planting trees again! Likes on the post will plant a tree and you can add a comment if you would like a say in where those trees are planted from the list provided. What’s not to love about a post like this one.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Community-Kudos-Feedback/Where-should-we-plant-your-tree/ba-p/2970121
Finally, in case you missed it, Team is coming back to Europe back in 2025. If you missed it this year in Anaheim or you want to head to both events. You can start packing your bags for this fall.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Official-Atlassian-Events/Atlassian-Team-25-Europe-is-heading-back-to-Barcelona/ba-p/2997988
As always, there are a TON of amazing articles written by many of your fellow community members. This is just a small sample of all the great content you don’t want to miss out on!
Every time I see a new article from @Teodora V _Warsaw Dynamics_ I feel like I have learned something and this time is no exception. You get one shot at a good first impression onboarding a new employee. All of these tips will really help you improve your onboarding process if you aren’t doing them already.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Training-Certification-articles/From-Day-One-to-Productivity-Onboarding-New-Team-Members-to/ba-p/2988177
Artificial Intelligence, some are scared about losing their jobs to it. Others, are looking to see what jobs AI can replace. @Andy Gladstone has written a wonderful piece about how AI can be the perfect partner to “work with you”. I think this a great perspective and I would encourage you to check this out.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Teamwork-Lab-articles/AI-as-a-Cybernetic-Teammate/ba-p/2990744
Everyone has been posting about all the things that we announced at Team '25. However, I appreciated the perspective that @Darryl Lee has offered as a retrospective on Team '25. If you are looking to read something different, you might want to give this a read.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Official-Atlassian-Events/Summit-Teams-You-re-I-was-They-re-Doing-it-Wrong/ba-p/2996396
Braindates was one of the most interesting aspects that has been added to the Team events in the past couple of years. @Dr Valeri Colon _Connect Centric_ has done a wonderful job of not only hosting a braindate to share her knowledge with a small group in person, but has provided a recap of that braindate for everyone to learn from her experience.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-Whiteboards-articles/Inside-My-Team-25-Braindate-A-Hack-for-Endless-Whiteboard/ba-p/2999106
Finally, do you want to level up your Confluence page game? @Kristian Klima has written a really cool article explaining how to setup hybrid pages where you can have both editable and non-editable page elements. If that has piqued your interest, be sure to give this one a read.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-articles/Create-hybrid-pages-with-editable-and-non-editable-content/ba-p/3003339
Want to keep up to date on all the cool things Atlassian has announced about their products? Be sure to read through these, then go check out all the others for your favorite product!
On the heels of Team '25, there has been a lot of chatter about the big keynote announcements. To try and not repeat the same things you have seen everyone else posting about. This month I have tried to find some less talked about items that are just as important.
First up, if you haven’t yet tried Loom, here’s another cool new feature that might convince you to give it a try. If you make a mistake while recording don’t stop and redo it or worry about the amount of editing you will need to do afterwards. Live rewind will allow you to quickly and seamlessly cut out unwanted recording sections.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Loom-articles/Loom-s-Live-Rewind-Edit-While-You-Record/ba-p/2989470
Next, Atlassian has completed their IRAP protected assessment which has earned them FedRAMP moderate for Atlassian Cloud. I know there are a number of people who have been keeping a close eye on Atlassian’s FedRAMP status and I’m sure you will be pleased to see this result.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Trust-Security-articles/We-ve-completed-our-IRAP-PROTECTED-Assessment-for-Atlassian/ba-p/2993081
At Team ‘25 Atlassian made the announcement that products are now being called apps in addition to a number of new apps that have either launched or will be launching soon. What you may have missed (as I did) is that one of those new apps will be Assets. Instead of being tucked away as a part of JSM, Assets will be it’s own app.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/JSM-News-Discussions-articles/Assets-has-a-new-home/ba-p/2936784
Next, As of today Atlassian will be sunsetting the trial system for Jira Align that potential customers can experiment with. If you have an existing site, you will still have access to it until June 30th when they will be shutdown.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Align-articles/Announcing-the-Sunsetting-of-the-Jira-Align-Launchpad-Trial/ba-p/2997556
Finally, it may be too late if you haven’t already updated your ProForma Data Center app. This needed to be done in order to maintain the updates to the out of the box templates. If you are affected by this, be sure to read through this announcement.https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Data-Center-articles/Upgrade-ProForma-Data-Center-App-by-April-30th-2025-to-Maintain/ba-p/2999144
Want to be on the bleeding edge of Atlassian features? Be sure to check out these Beta & Early Access programs you can sign up to be a part of!
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Atlassian-Migration-Program/Manage-and-optimize-your-Atlassian-landscape-with-Portfolio/ba-p/2982145
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Join-the-Open-beta-for-Atlassian-Command-Line-Interface-ACLI/ba-p/2988224
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Rovo-Dev-AI-Agents-Beta-articles/Say-hello-to-Rovo-Dev-Agents-now-in-beta/ba-p/2992260
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-articles/Join-the-Beta-Group-AI-powered-meeting-notes-powered-by-Loom/ba-p/2993804
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Enterprise-articles/Join-Our-Early-Access-Program-for-the-New-Audit-Log-Query/ba-p/2994111
Looking for inspiration to optimize your processes? Check out some of the cool things people are doing with automation!
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Workflow-Validators-and-Conditions-might-break-soon-if-you-use/ba-p/2987595
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Automation-articles/Limits-for-Role-User-Field-In-Automation-User-Conditions/ba-p/2989853
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Cloud-Admins-articles/The-fields-quot-Epic-Link-quot-and-quot-Parent-Link-quot-will-be/ba-p/2995787
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Cloud-Admins-articles/REST-Assured-You-ve-Already-Done-the-Work-And-You-re-Already/ba-p/3000216
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Automation-articles/Confluence-automation-to-transition-a-Jira-work-item-based-on/ba-p/3000755
It’s hard to believe another month has already come and gone. Please be sure to stay healthy, stay safe and I’ll see you back here next month.
Take care!
There are so many things going on in the community that I'm continually impressed by how you keep up with all of it.
Thanks for the update @Jimmy Seddon !!
Nice. Thanks for the update!
Oh thank you for the mention @Jimmy Seddon
I have to confess that in retrospect, I would also describe my article as different, and by different, I mean a sleep-deprived reminiscence and appreciation of Team 25 that then takes a turn and goes down a rabbit hole of resentment and dissatisfaction because I was tired and cranky.
Thank you for sharing the best of April's Community @Jimmy Seddon As always, I am proud to be listed here 🙏
Thanks, the list of EAP opportunities was particularly useful
Oooh, @MattD maybe I need to write a script to monitor this portal for new request types that might tip us off to new EAP opportunities (since there's not really a central place to find them):
https://earlyaccessprogram.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
(That's the portal that had the Audit Log Query Language EAP signup :-)
Wonderful updates, thank you.
Thanks for the update
Thanks for putting together this amazing summary with lots of useful references, @Jimmy Seddon . You rock!
Nice. Thanks for the update
thanks for the update, best way to keep up with the community !
Thanks for the update!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.