Hi! How can I group objects so I can easily move them on the board?
Hi @Franjo Stipanovic
keep Shift pressed and then select the objects you want to group. Then you can move team all together.
Unfortunately I don't know any way to make this grouping persistent. It will disappear as soon as you click anywhere else on your board.
Thank you! That's helpful. It's a shame it can't be persisted
Leveraging sections is the other approach for enduring the grouping of shapes and being able to move them around together
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-sections-to-organize-your-work/
Hello,
I've just started using this little thing called section. I just drag it on top of objects I need to group, or the other way round, create a section and drag objects onto it. It's been working great for me.
Thank you, grouping objects in the section is helpful, but not applicable in every case. Sometimes I'm building a complex object that consists of multiple objects, which I group and work on as one (duplicate, etc). I don't want an additional frame in those objects.
Thank you, Mike, but in some group situations, I don't want to have an additional object (section) around.
I just checked and there currently isn't a feature request for this feature, so I suggest creating one from their support portal.
If you want this, then report a "technical issue" and then ask the support person to create a feature request ticket, then post a link to the ticket so others can vote for it.
You'll need to provide a decent reason and examples as to why the existing section feature isn't sufficient for your use-case.
At least, that's how I've managed to initiate several changes to jira/confluence over the last 20 years.
Totally reasonable
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.