I’m currently in the process of implementing Jira Product Discovery within our agency to help consolidate and manage our numerous siloed backlogs and in-flight projects. We support a variety of delivery methods, including Kanban, Scrum, and Jira Service Management projects — each team maintaining its own backlog and tracking work independently. Jira Product Discovery offers us a centralized space to capture and organize these ideas and initiatives across the agency.
One challenge I’m encountering is with transitioning ideas into active projects. When I create a new Jira project (whether JSM, Kanban, or Scrum), Jira Product Discovery only allows me to link a ‘Delivery’ item to a specific Epic or issue, rather than directly to the project itself. The complication is that not every project uses epics, and some projects have multiple, making it less effective for maintaining a clear, high-level view of in-flight initiatives.
Is there a way within Jira Product Discovery to link directly to a project rather than an issue type within it? This capability would greatly improve our ability to track projects at a portfolio level and maintain visibility across active work without having to tie it to a specific issue.
I appreciate any insight you might have on this — thank you in advance for your help.