How can I rename or move a file using sourcetree with a git repository?
I can see the "Move..." menu entry in the Actions menu, but it's greyed out.
Copy / Move is not supported explicitly yet, but the simple answer for the moment is just to rename outside of SourceTree and use the Add/remove button on the toolbar instead.
See this link for the details.
Hi Nathan,
If the menu option is greyed out then it's usually because the file doesn't exist in the file system. You could have clicked on a line in the log, selected the file and tried to move/rename, but we detect whether the file exists or not. Otherwise, renaming/moving an non-existent file would do nothing.
Check if that file exists in the file system.
Cheers
Hi Kieran,
Thanks for the swift response!
The file is an existing file and already part of the git repository. I can see it when selecting the "Show Clean" or "Show All" and it shows up in the File Status list (with a green tick icon in front of it).
So it's there. Right clicking on the file gives me a context menu without the possibility to rename/move the file. But when I look in the "Actions" menu can I see the "Move..." action, but greyed out.
Nathan.
Strange. Could you raise a JIRA ticket over at jira.atlassian.com listing all of the details possible, i.e. location of the file(s) that won't move along with some "ls" output from the terminal to show those files in existence just to make sure we've got all of the details necessary. The project on JIRA is SRCTREE for Mac and SRCTREEWIN for Windows. You can link it back here so I can see it unless you assign it to me.
Cheers!
Link to Jira bug report: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-821
Any news about the "move" command ?
With the v1.8.3.0 it still does not work.
=/
This is ridiculous... how can a tool like this go so long without a working move command?
It looks like https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-821 has been closed as duplicate of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-45 , which in turn has been closed as "obsolete". Maybe Atlassian need us to open a new (identical) issue for this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.