I am using source tree. By mistakenly, i select 'reverse commit…' from my last commit. I don't want that commit to be pushed on server. How should i do that?
Hi Bhushan,
If you select the log entry to which you want to revert to then you can click on "Reset <branch> to this commit". Only use this option if you didn't push the reverse commit changes. If you're worried about losing the changes then you can use the soft mode which will leave a set of uncommitted changes (what you just changed). Using the mixed resets the working copy but keeps those changes, and a hard will just get rid of the changes entirely. Here's some screenshots:
Hope that helps, if not, feel free to ask more questions.
(EDIT: Just to add to that, there's a really good, understandable explanation of soft/mixed/hard modes here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3528245/whats-the-difference-between-git-reset-mixed-soft-and-hard)
Thanks! This helped me a lot with another issue
hi @Kieran Senior [Atlassian] , If I pushed the commit to remote server, Then what should I do in case, I want to revert the commit or soft reset the commit. as you say *Only use this option if you didn't push the reverse commit changes*. Thanks in advance.
I don't have this option on my right click menu. Is is Mac only? Does it only appear if the branch is called "master"? Something else?
This helped me remove a commit that I needed to remove in order to move forward. Thank you!
Thanks @Mike_Robinson. It worked for me
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.