Â
Hey there Community 👋
I’ve been part of the Atlassian Community for a few years now and I’ve seen a lot of conversations about ‘Agile’ and how agile practices have changed over the years. Sometimes the fatigue of just trying to get the job done is entirely real; someone telling you that you aren’t doing it right can be the proverbial last straw.
So I’m wondering, has the focus on process gotten in the way of teams realising the benefits and given agile a bad name?Â
Let me be clear in saying that I don’t think the core idea of agile is the problem. I do think rigid and prescriptive practices are a problem. I do think ‘we do the ceremonies’ agile is a big problem (and not agile). And I do think that scaling agile is really hard.
What I’m wondering is has all that gone too far for people to recognise that there is good intent at the heart of agile practices, and is even the mention of ‘agile practices’ enough to make the eyes of a dev team glaze over?
I’d like to know what you’re seeing from the people you work with. Is there a kind of quiet resignation that things can’t change or improve? Has agile started to feel like another process layer instead of the mindset shift it was meant to be? Please tell me if I’ve just been spending too much time on r/agile 😆
Â