I have this weird issue that manifests itself in a couple of different ways.
First, when I add users for jira access in crowd, they will not be able to log in to jira until I have them log into confluence first. So, they request access, i add them in crowd, they go log in to jira and get an authentication failure. I ask them to log into confluence, then log into jira again, and it works.
Second - and similar - I developed a custom REST client that we are using with Spring security. We have a very similar situation - a user requests access to our web app that uses spring with the REST client - they get authentication failed. If they go log into the crowd web app, an then go back and try again in our web app, they get in. Very strange!
Any thoughts on either?