My organisation is currently utilising JPD and have found there are two different ways in which groups would like to utilise voting.
1) The recommended manner using votes as like your $100 test, asking decision makers to assign a number of votes against an idea as a means to understand its priority in relation to others. This works well with the way JPD voting is currently set up.
However, we are frequently being asked to facilitate a different way of using votes (which doesn't really work with the current set-up):
2) Provide decision makers the ability to vote once (either yes or no) on an idea. The hope would be if you have a group of decision-makers/Stakeholders view all the ideas present, an idea can be commissioned for prioritisation/delivery once it reaches a quorum of votes. Comments against votes can help sway others votes or provide insight as to why a stakeholder has voted the way they did. I haven't managed to find a way to hack the current set-up to get a working version of this that works the way I want.
I guess I'm asking if the second way of using Votes is a good use case for the JPD team to consider enabling? For those on the Atlassian JPD crew, would you consider this?