Hi team,
I'm trying to set-up two-step verification using the Microsoft Authenticator app.
After scanning the QR, I'm asked to enter the 6-digit code that is displayed, but this code is always wrong.
Also as org admin I'm not able to enforce any other two-factor setup.
In our org security environment, two-step is enabled.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Security settings: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security
- Navigate to "Two-step verification" > Manage two-step verification
- Enter the (correct) password for my Atlassian account
- Select the first option: Authenticator app
- Scan the QR code using Microsoft Authenticator
- Enter the 6-digit code that is displayed on my mobile phone -> ERROR: The code is incorrect - check your app and try again
What have I tested?
- Did the same steps using Google Authenticator app -> same error
- Updated my account password and retried the same steps
- Did the same steps in Google Chrome browser
- Did the same steps in incognito Google Chrome browser
- Did the same steps in Microsoft Edge browser
- Did the same steps in incognito Microsoft Edge browser
- Verified our domain setup with TXT record is succesfully setup.
Workaround
- When tring to login to id.atlassian.com the two-factor is enforced, I can enter the option I'm not able to use my phone, and provide the 24-digit security key to bypass the two-step setup.
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Or what can I do to resolve the issues I'm having?