I'm trying to find the right formula for the Impact Score.
I'm considering Business Value, Customer value and Strategic fit as positive factors. I want to include Effort as a negative, but I'm finding it has too much impact on the result.
It's not easy to determine the impact on the formula of the negative factor, but I understand that there are 4 criteria, 3 positive and one negative. The negative one is affecting 1/4th of the weight.
I'd like to soften the negative impact of the Effort, and doing some research, I found some options like the square root of the effort multiplied by 7, but they are not allowed as it just allows me to add a negative factor with 100% value.
I've tested adding another negative factor such as Technical complexity to soften the negative impact of the Effort, but the results penalise the positive factors even more.
What can I do to lower the impact of the Effort as a negative factor?
Thanks for the help