hey, i'm new here, has anyone tried a method other than scrum and kanban? like Scrumban and many others ? how does it benefit you ?
Hi @Sara Yasser - Yes, I've been doing Scrumban for a few years now. I think the key to being agile/nimble, rather than Agile™️ is being flexible with what your teams and projects need to do their best work. For us, having sprints lets us plan work and set goals, but being flexible with when we pull work into those sprints helps us react to customer needs.
100% agree Amanda - I started a scrumban experiment with my team last quarter and they love the flexibility. Not all situations are alike but for my team, who deals with projects, enhancements, production support incidents, and managing a platform the reactiveness is part of our product and combining scrum and kanban practices enables us to truly be flexible in managing our prioritize. Flow measures also help us tell a very different story than velocity, burndown, and story point predictability.
@frankie_medina @Amanda Barber thank you for replying, cant wait to learn about your experience in scrumban
I've used the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe):
SAFe is Designed to extend Agile practices beyond individual teams, and managing multiple interdependent projects. It uses elements of Scrum, Kanban, and Lean principles to align strategy and execution across multiple teams.I've found this is really helpful for large organizations, but aso, not really suitable for a small team. In my experience, every team should get started on any method they feel the most comfortable with, and as they get more experience, the method should evolve to really suit the needs of the members and the organization they're are a part of. There shouldn't be any 'Black or White' situation. From each methodology, take whatever helps your team. To Quote the great Bruce Lee: "Be Water My Friend"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.