Hi @Michelle Bantugon
did you try to use only one * like: *text* ? This should create the bold format according to this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/text-formatting-notation-in-jira-cloud-1375863133.html
I tried that too but it does not work
It's weird that when you edit it in the description field like retyping the ** it worked but when coming directly from slack automation form it's not.
Hi @Michelle Bantugon -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I just tried *here is bold text* with both software and JPD projects and it worked, as described here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all
This was using the default Jira / Slack integration from Atlassian. Are you using a different tool to connect them?
Kind regards,Bill
No. I created a jira issue from slack workflow automation but it does not work. I tried different formatting but it was still appearing the same format (see ss below) from Slack to Jira description field.
That is odd... I used the "/jira create" from a channel for the issue, entered the formatting, and it saved as expected.
Perhaps check with your Jira Site Admin to learn which connector is being used (under Your Apps), and check with the specific vendor to see what they say.
Thanks @Bill Sheboy for checking this issue. Could you further elaborate on the connector you mention on the previous comment? Yes, I might need to ask our jira admin for this
Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but I am seeing the same thing using the JIRA Cloud integration via the Slack Workflow Builder.
Using `/jira create` doesn't go through the same workflow/process that the Workflow Builder does so trying to debug or shortcut investigation using that approach won't surface the bug. You must instigate it from Slack's Workflow Builder with the JIRA Cloud integration.
Input
Output
Expected
Hi @Shawn Oster Yes, I put the markdown formatting in Slack's Workflow Builder buu it does not reflect in Jira description field.
@Michelle Bantugon I'm facing the exact same problem! Did you find a solution?
Nah. Hopefully this will get resolve soon!
Hello @Michelle Bantugon
Did you ever get this working? I am running into the same issues and losing my mind trying to figure it out.
Hi @Noah Grostefon unfortunately, not yet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.