Is there way to get sourcetree to launch a folder-level external diff between commits? Essentially a "git difftool --dir-diff"?
Thanks,
dave
You can multi-select files or use the tree view in the File Status tab and use external diff on that, it will essentially open for all files.
Instead of having of unassociated file pairs pushed one at a time to a file diff tool, I'm looking for two folder trees being created and pushed to a folder-level diff tool. So I can see both the hierarchy and also do more top-down diffing. That is what the new dir-diff does (info below).
For SourceTree I am looking for the ability to select two commits and run git difftool ---dir-diff on their SHAs. And of course be able to run it with --cached as well.
Since the diff tab only supports file arguments I can't update it there. But now that I think about it, perhaps I can get it working using Custom Actions. I just noticed in that pane that $SHA actually is for commit(s). Hmmm.
http://git-scm.com/docs/git-difftool.html
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1307164"git difftool learned the "--dir-diff" option to spawn external diff tools that can compare two directory hierarchies at a time after populating two temporary directories, instead of running an instance of the external tool once per a file pair."
I would also love to see this happen. Now that Beyond Compare 4 is available on the Mac, it looks silly when it's not able to compare at the folder level. http://www.scootersoftware.com/images/FolderCompare.png http://www.scootersoftware.com/images/TextCompare.png
Are there any updates about this topic? Isn't it still possible to do this using Source Tree?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.