I have the following requirement, and would like to understand how to do this from Bamboo:
- Run a build using tools like Grunt - this is not a problem, that's already working through the script task.
- The result of the build is a directory (or artifact) that contains all of the node/npm dependencies of the project.
- The project contains a JavaScript file that I need to run using the `node` executable. It will start a Node.js Connect/Express server.
- This server process is supposed to keep running once the build is over.
What are my options for doing this? Some ideas I've had:
- Start the node process from a script using `node index.js &` (or `nohup`) to keep it running. In this scenario, I would need to kill the previous instance of the server before starting the new one.
- Have something like `nodemon` run the server continuously outside of Bamboo, copy over the directory/artifact as the last (deployment) step in the build.
Any other ideas? How have other people solved this?