Followed instructions precisely for 3 hours which failed at final step 'make menuselect' with
error
****
**** The configure script must be executed before running 'make'.
** Please run "./configure".
****
make: *** No rule to make target `makeopts', needed by `menuselect/makeopts'. Stop.
Manually entering './configure' fails to lead to "Asterisk Module and Build Option Selection" graphical menu,
just go back to the command line.
There were two other errors along the way:
ONE
Error Downloading Packages:
iksemel-devel-1.4-2.el6.i686: failure: iksemel-devel-1.4-2.el6.i686.rpm from piaf3: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
TWO
configure: error: *** JSON support not found (this typically means the libjansson development package is missing)
I've spent two days on this project and am very disappointed it fails after all this effort
(sitting our here at the end of the world in Bangkok)
Can someone tell me what to do please to finish Asterisk install and load FreePBX?
I am a skilled Windows user and at the newbie level in Linux but I learn fast if given good instructions. I have decades of telecom experience.
Thanks for all help
Jeffrey Race
+1 617 230-0877
<jrace@post.harvard.edu>