Hi.
I just updated my MAC SourceTree to v1.9.0 and I really regreat. I want to go back to the previous version.
How can I do that while preserving all the repositories info already registered with it?
I find the new commit view, or "experience" as Atlassian puts it, to be more confusing than just using the command line. For that reason, I've uninstalled Source Tree. Hopefully they'll bring back the old version, but I won't hold my breath.
Same here. The new commit view is terrible.
BTW, if you install through the App Store you can still get v.1.5.6 - then just disable updates. It's not a long-term solution, but it'll work for now.
I just "solved" it. I was able to get the previous version (1.8.2) from the link below and install it over the v1.9. So, I am now with the 1.8.2 and didn't not lose my repositories entries (which I think would have happened if I uninstalled it).
http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/SourceTree_1.8.1.dmg
Just a "me too", the new view is a definite step backwards, much harder to scan over and see what's going on.
Same here. I can't get used to the new view.
The new view I can get used to, but what I can't get used to is;
Needless to say, I reverted to 1.8.1.
Thank you, though, Atlassian for continuing development, but I'll wait for 1.9.3 or higher until I try again.
All your complaints and more have been hashed out in detail on this other question. Instead of continuing to complain to the community (most of us have no influence over SourceTree development), please go to the bug reports in that post and vote.
For Windows downgrade use this link:
http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.5.2.exe
The new file view is completely broken in 1.6.3
sweet jesus thank you so much. i was about ready to uninstall this POS. the old one is way, way better.
Thank you! This new 1.6.x is too buggy for me
+1 on your number2. This is making me downgrade again
Yes, thanks for this. 1.6.x is a usability disaster.
You can simply reduce the version numbers by changing the url.
Try: http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/SourceTree_1.8.0.dmg
Check out the following file - it contains download links to all previous versions. I was able to roll back from the very unstable 1.8.1 release to 1.7.0.
https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/windowsupdates.txt
I experienced also a lot of trouble after upgrading from a good version (1.7.0.32509) towards the 1.8.x version
the biggest issue (for me) was the complete f*-up in git flow, i've lost an hour getting it up and running again.(used a workaround via command line for getting my work done and let the program wait until next day)Thanks to the link https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/windowsupdates.txt from Shane Triem
i reverted by uninstalling the 1.8.x version and reinstalling 1.7.0.i was lucky when i saw my repo config was still there and git flow was running as a charm again.I'll stick to this version for a looonng time now.
Thanks!
after upgrading from 1.7 towards 1.8 nothing works well. Fail always when try to start new feature. Autofocus each xx second to "file status" tab and more a lot problems. I have come back to 1.7 and works like a charm.
Thank you so much for that link. I have gone back to 1.7 as well. Apart from looking awful, 1.8 is full of bugs. I guess I won't upgrade until 1.9.
What is the process for downgrading on Windows? I downloaded the 1.7 release but when I run the installer it tells me that there is a newer version already installed. Very sorry that I bothered to upgrade at this point.
Uninstall the new version in Programs and Features (Windows 8). Then install old version.
Same here, having issues with commits & merges
I'm still using version 1.7.0 - I used the link below (Shane Triem) so that I can bypass the confusion of the later versions.
version 1.9 does not like powershell. Even with the proper encoding and re-encoding to UTF-8.
The preview pane does not display powershell files which is the only reason why I am using soucetreeI reverted to 1.7 which is compatible with windows 10. The new interface did get some time to get used too but until it handles powershell files I will stay on 1.7
@DJ Torres - That's a very specific problem. Instead of commenting on a 2-year-old question, it might be more effective to submit a bug report to jira.atlassian.com.
For MAC (Yosemite): http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/SourceTree_2.2.4.dmg
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.