When organizing ideas, I want to group them by category. The default provides two categories as examples. However, I want to add, edit, or remove categories as needed. How do I edit categories?
Hi @David Huffman! Do you see the edit field button when you're clicked into the Categories field?
If you don't see that, I wonder if you might not have the right set of permissions. Only creators can edit the fields. See the following for more info on roles in JPD: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery/guides/getting-started/user-roles-permissions
Hi, @Amanda Barber thanks for your answer to David. It helped me get Creator access. However, I still can't edit the fields -- do you have any further clues or suggestions?
I wonder if somehow that field is set as a Global field which would prevent editing? Check out the steps here to view the field settings, perhaps?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-product-discovery/docs/manage-space-and-global-fields-from-your-space/
Thanks, Amanda. I think it must be an upstream permissions issue I'll have to pursue with our Jira Administrator, as I don't even have the "More options (…) > Space Settings > Fields" available as suggested in that link.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.