Bamboo cannot failover transport from node a into node b with error stuck "primary lock is held by another instance, suspending". Any idea how to fix this ?
Hello Daniel,
Welcome to Atlassian community.
At a given time on Bamboo DC, you'll only have 1 node active even if you have configured High availability multiple nodes. Other nodes would be available like a standby node.
Bamboo identifies the Primary node by the lock it acquires on the Database, until and unless this lock in removed other nodes won't be able to perform the failover.
For your problem you'll need to see which Primary node Bamboo is connected to. That nodes needs to go down and after ~ 3 minutes Bamboo will release the DB lock and other standby nodes will acquire it and bring Bamboo application up on that new node
Regards,
Shashank Kumar
**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**
Hi @Shashank Kumar ,
you are right, I have 2 node items. node a I have shutdown. but node b does not startup in the browser. I have waited for 30 minutes. I checked the logs just like this. Where is the problem and how can I fix it ?
What logs do you see in Node A atlassian-bamboo.log file post shutdown? Do you see any message regarding DB locks ?
for db locks I didn't find it in log node a. only this is what I found?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.