The more I'm researching the issues the more I have the impression most Product Managers (like me) would like some ways to do the following:
- Allow people from other teams (e.g. market facing teams like Sales and Marketing) to provide feedback directly in my PMs Product Discovery Project.
- Allows me to have all my work in one place without needing to cross-match it akwardly from some queue
- Allows me to link delivery tickets from my dev team for live progress and timelime information which is the main USP
- I want the feedbackers to be able to:
- create and idea from a form I set the template for
- this template should allow me to decided which fields are mandatory or not - not all or no fields
- create, edit and delete their own idea
- create, edit and delte their own comments, votes and insights
- edit fields I chose: for example, I want the sales team to be able to workshop together their priorities of their own topics, so I want them to be able to edit the one field "SL Prio" in a different view (not the view I use to let them create ideas)
- I want feedbackers not to be able to:
- see all ideas
- see all views
- see all sections
- I want to determine:
- how they can provide feedback: form only, top create button, create button in each view they have access to
- what ideas they can see (e.g. via field criteria)
- what views they have access to/ show up in their menu
- what sections they have access to/ show up in their menu
- Ideally, I can determine this via roles (Sales Team, Customer Support Team, C-Level team, etc.) and/or field settings (allow/don't allow role xyz to use)
- I don't want to have to create a service management queue system that doesn't provide the great insights I can share with my feedbackers directly
- Ideally: I can create a form for external users only to give customers, end users, investors etc. a way to give me ideas/feedback, but no access to the project.
- Ideally I can create different forms for different use cases that feed the input into my JPD
I have watched and read a lot of tutorials on how to set roles, groups, security levels and lock certain field triggers and so forth, but none of it really adresses the above requirements in a satisfying way.
I understand JPD is mainly for PMs to manage their own work for now and for that it is already pretty good. However, it will only beat having your own board in Jira Delivery once Feedback can be easily managed without hacky workarounds (if at all).
Are there any plans yet to adress this? I would like to stay within the jira system, but managing ideas and feedback from internal and external sources is still very clumsy.
Thanks for any pointers 