Hi,
This seems like such a simple requirement that I get the feeling I am being super-stupid here, but I can't figure out how to view the history of an individual file. The problem has two parts:
- How can I see all the files in a project, so I can choose the file I want to see the history of? (At the moment, I use Visual Studio for this.)
- Once I have picked the individual file, how do I view its history (and preferably have the option of reverting to an older version)?
I'm guessing this must be possible somehow because I have just been reading an Atlassian Git tutorial, which mentions being able to retrieve an older version of a file in such a way that it does change the current working copy of your project. The command, I believe, is:
git checkout a1e8fb5 hello.py
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Kind wishes ~ Patrick