Is a JPD license required to be able to link a Jira ticket to an Idea from the Jira ticket (not from the Idea)? I assumed a JPD license wouldn't be necessary for this action, otherwise, why allow linking to Ideas from the delivery tickets? A Jira licensed user within a Jira project sees this option and can view an Idea, so they want to match their work ticket to the Idea, but can't do it themselves? Instead they need to either get licensed to JPD or ask someone with a JPD license to link it for them?
I know that editing an Idea is permissible only to licensed users. I'm guessing linking to an Idea is considered editing the Idea, therefore this action requires you to be licensed?
If this is actually the case, I would hope Atlassian would see this as an issue and make an update to allow contributors to contribute to the Idea by linking their work without requiring them to be JPD licensed.