I would like to create an additional custom field on Jira. Is this possible?
Hi @Natalie Keane , thanks for your question.
Yes, it is possible to create custom fields in the free version of Jira. You do need to be a product admin.
If you see this gear icon here, in the upper right,
you need to choose from the menu, Issues, then on the left, Fields, Custom Fields and you should be able to create a new custom field and enable it to the context where you want to use it.
If you have other questions or doubts, please write again here.
Cheers
Hello again @Natalie Keane , sorry, I just realized you were asking about Jira Product Discovery. In any case, yes, you can create custom fields also here in the free version.
From the All ideas view, I clicked on the + at the end of columns to 'Add a field'.
Here it is possible to add a field that already exists or as I am doing here, just start typing to create a new custom field and then you can choose the type of field.
I hope this helps you. Thanks for your patience.
Thank you. Is this possible to do if I'm not set up as the admin for the product?
Hi @Natalie Keane , it depends if you're taking about Jira or Jira Product Discovery. For Jira, you need to be a product admin to configure global custom fields. If you're working with team-managed projects, you don't need to be a product admin.
For Jira Product Discovery, you don't need to be a product admin to create custom fields. https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery/guides/getting-started/user-roles-permissions
Hope this helps you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.