In source tree I can make bookmarks for branches. When I do so, I know Sourcetree knows the addresses of the remotes for that branch.
So, when a bookmark is selected, why can't I ask source tree to download a clone of the remote branch associated with that bookmark?
Or why can't I select a branch in 'log view' and ask Sourcetree to make a clone or get a local copy of the branch?
Why do I have to go to Bitbucket for this operation?
There must be some explanation for why this option is not in sourcetree.
I am not asking for a new feature, I want to know what technical aspect of GIT and its operation would be violated or what aspect of the state of a git repository prevents getting a clone or a copy of the working directory from Sourcetree when a bookmark or a branch for that repository is displayed in the Sourcetree UI?
thanks,
Kimball