if our git repositories are Stash embedded (created through the Stash interface), is auto plan branching in bamboo possible? Or must plan branches be manually created?
I upgraded to Bamboo 5.5.0 and have had success with auto plan branching from our Stash Git repositories.
The only gotcha I encountered was needing to remove url patterns from the app links area in order for the linked repositories Stash repo communication to function (populate the drop-down list of available repos and branches). And, indeed, the url pattern I removed was no longer necessary to receive triggered updates from Stash. The url pattern was the only one present.. so, in effect, I removed all url patterns.
I'm a proponent of 5.5.0.
This does not really answer my question.
I understand that auto plan branching requires the entry of a regular expression for branch matching.
That capability is outlined on the doc page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+plan+branches
However, further down on that page, a limitations section exists which states auto plan branching "Cannot be used with the Git implementation embedded in Bamboo. (You need to have set up native Git.)".
Our Git implementation is embedded in Stash (setup through a Stash interface). I was wondering if the same limitation applies - we are unable to use auto plan branching as our Git implementation is embedded in Stash.
And hopefully, I have my terminology correct which is (loosely) -
native Git - a Git repo setup via Git command line
Git implementation embedded in Bamboo - a Git repo setup via Bamboo iface
Git implementation embedded in Stash - a Git repo setup via Stash iface
John - the fact that you're using Stash means that you don't have "Git implementation embedded in Bamboo", so you should be good.
We use Bamboo/Stash and have no issues with auto plan branch. Is your Bamboo not detecting new branches?
Yes, I understand that our implementation is not "Git implementation embedded in Bamboo". My supposition was that we have "Git implementation embedded in Stash" and I was questioning whether that carried the same limitations.
Regardless, the upgrade to 5.5.0 solved whatever auto plan branching issue we were experiencing. Auto plan branching is now working for us. Thank you for checking back on this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.