I use sourcetree on Windows 10.
I can't stage files after upgrade to 1.9.6.
So i did downgrade to 1.9.5.
How can i solve it?
Having exact same problem on same OS, same version. Error appeared today after update.
First I though it was git problem, so I updated embedded git, tried using system git, still no progress. Will let you know if have any news
Same versions, same problem here as well. Rolling back to 1.9.5 resolved the issue.
Any time this error appears in SourceTree, I've confirmed that the file in question does not exist and I am unable to remove it to resolve the issue per advice found elsewhere.
Same problem here. Version 1.9.5 on Windows 10 Anniversary Update works fine; no startup crash, either, for me. It doesn't seem to be a git problem, since the command line is still working fine.
Also, duplicate question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39580090
Before the upgrade to 1.9.6 I have had this error for about half of my operations. Now it is systematic. Anybody knows which version of source tree actually works?
This is very very annoying, every updates come with new bugs, please stop releasing bad releases, just test them before asking everybody to update or people will just leave your soft forever ... seriously that's very unprofessional.
Another release full of bugs... Same problem here.
switched to GitKraken - problem solved
https://www.gitkraken.com/
A workaround is to use the "No staging" interface. (I personally prefer the "Split view staging".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.