http://fle.github.io/git-tip-keep-your-branch-clean-with-fixup-and-autosquash.html shows how to use --fixup option to mark a new commit as being a fixup of an existing commit (like fixing a typo etc.).
While SourceTree offers a context menu during commits ("Commit options..."), this menu doesn't contain a way to make use of the --fixup option. It would be great if SourceTree would add this feature, like open a dialogue and scroll through the last commits and just mark one.
I don't completely understand what --fixup does, but feature requests should be posted to jira.atlassian.com where they can be voted for and tracked. I always recommend posting a link here as the answer so others can find it to vote for it.
You can create a custom action in Sourcetree to create a fixup commit.
In Preferences, go to the Custom Actions tab and add a new action, call it Fixup and set the script to "git" and the parameters to "commit --fixup $SHA". Now you can stage changes and then right click a commit and choose Custom Actions -> Fixup to create a fixup commit based upon it.
I created a feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4594
Thank you, this saves me lots of time!
@Steven Vachon, I like your initiative.
I see it's in "Sourcetree For Mac" JIRA, for some reason. I guess it should be on all platforms. I think it should be there by default.
Unfortunately, they've just closed the ticket as "Unresolved".I'm wondering, what they ware trying to say to us...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.