I have been a Trello Premium user for 9 months and recently faced a critical issue that directly impacted my project's productivity. An important card was deleted from one of my boards, and I realized the following:
- All users with access to the board can delete cards without restrictions, which should not be allowed in many cases.
- There are no notifications sent to the administrator when a card is deleted, making it impossible to track who performed the action.
- There is no refined permission control, such as allowing only administrators to delete cards, which would be a practical and effective solution.
I understand that I could configure certain users as "observers," but this does not solve the issue because observers cannot edit or move cards, and my team needs these permissions. However, deleting cards should be limited to administrators or, at the very least, controlled with notifications and traceability.
I have also read reports from other users facing similar issues, which demonstrates that this is not an isolated need. This is especially important in collaborative environments where any mistake can lead to the loss of crucial information and project delays.
My suggestions are:
- Allow administrators to configure user permissions with more granularity, such as restricting card deletion to administrators only.
- Implement automatic notifications to the administrator whenever a card is deleted, including details about who performed the action.
- Introduce a card trash/recycle bin, enabling administrators to restore deleted items within a certain period (e.g., 30 days).
Without these controls, I am concerned about continuing to use the platform, as the lack of security in this regard can cause significant problems and delays, as has already happened to me.
I hope this suggestion is considered, as I believe many other users would also benefit from these improvements.
Thank you!