I have followed the step by step instructions from installing plugin sdk to setting up Eclipse configuration to successfully building the sample helloworld skeleton plugin using archetype template for crowd plugin (atlas-create-crowd-plugin). I am now in the Start the Host Application with your Plugin Installed document page: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Start+the+Host+Application+with+your+Plugin+Installed
Supposedly the crowd with plugin is running on port 4990 as indicated in the cmd prompt window. Yet when I visit http://localhost:4990/crowd and try any and all known userid / password (including admin / admin suggested in your doc link above), it always throws back an invalid login error. Yet, the original crowd service on port 8095 works just fine! I have tried stopping the service on port 8095 and tried the plugin installation afresh, still no luck.
Here is a sampling of the exceptions from the cmd prompt window:
.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve
.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.in
voke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.i
nvoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.inv
oke(AccessLogValve.java:567)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.
invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.s
ervice(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.proc
ess(Http11Processor.java:849)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http1
1ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker
.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAu
thorizationTokenException: Client with address "xx.xx.xx.85", and hostname "xx.xx.xx.85" is forbidden from making requests to the application, crowd.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.util.SoapExceptionTransla
tor.throwEquivalentCheckedException(SoapExceptionTranslator.java:158)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.service.soap.client.Secur
ityServerClientImpl.authenticate(SecurityServerClientImpl.java:238)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.service.soap.client.Secur
ityServerClientImpl.getSoapApplicationToken(SecurityServerClientImpl.java:214)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.service.soap.client.Secur
ityServerClientImpl.authenticatePrincipal(SecurityServerClientImpl.java:254)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.service.cache.CacheAwareA
uthenticationManager.authenticate(CacheAwareAuthenticationManager.java:48)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.http.HttpAuth
enticatorImpl.verifyAuthentication(HttpAuthenticatorImpl.java:246)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurit
y.RemoteCrowdAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(RemoteCrowdAuthenticationProvid
er.java:47)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurit
y.CrowdAuthenticationProvider.authenticateUsernamePassword(CrowdAuthenticationPr
ovider.java:138)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ... 71 more
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Cl
ient with address "xx.xx.xx.85", and hostname "xx.xx.xx.85" is forbidden fro
m making requests to the application, crowd.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.fault.Soap11FaultSerialize
r.readMessage(Soap11FaultSerializer.java:31)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.fault.SoapFaultSerializer.
readMessage(SoapFaultSerializer.java:28)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.soap.handler.ReadHeadersHa
ndler.checkForFault(ReadHeadersHandler.java:111)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.soap.handler.ReadHeadersHa
ndler.invoke(ReadHeadersHandler.java:67)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.handler.HandlerPipeline.in
voke(HandlerPipeline.java:131)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.client.Client.onReceive(Cl
ient.java:406)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.HttpChannel
.sendViaClient(HttpChannel.java:139)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.HttpChannel
.send(HttpChannel.java:48)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.handler.OutMessageSender.i
nvoke(OutMessageSender.java:26)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.handler.HandlerPipeline.in
voke(HandlerPipeline.java:131)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.client.Invocation.invoke(I
nvocation.java:79)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.client.Invocation.invoke(I
nvocation.java:114)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.client.Client.invoke(Clien
t.java:336)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.client.XFireProxy.handleRe
quest(XFireProxy.java:77)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.codehaus.xfire.client.XFireProxy.invoke(X
FireProxy.java:57)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at $Proxy103.authenticateApplication(Unknown Sou
rce)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.service.soap.client.Secur
ityServerClientImpl.authenticate(SecurityServerClientImpl.java:229)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ... 77 more
Any guidance will be much appreciated.