Hi,
I would like to allow product managers to receive an idea in jira product discovery and then score (0-5 with the star ranking) on a handful of criteria which then gets scored with weighted criteria.
For example, the criteria could be: value to customer 0-5, strategic alignment 0-5 etc. This seems easy w/in jira product discovery via some new fields.
What I can't figure out is how to apply weighting to those scores in order to create a specific 'impact' score for that item. From what I've read, the built in weighted score 'helps understand the value of an idea relative to other ideas' and we do not want to use that comparison to other ideas in the project. We have been playing with custom formulas but not having much success. Hoping to get some guidance here.
Detail: I would like each of the criteria to have a weighting and be able to use the 0-5 ranking along with the weighting to create a 'score' for that specific idea. For example, the idea might be a 4 for value to customer which has a 30% weight and a 1 for strategic alignment with a weighting of 20%. Based on the weighted criteria, the specific idea would score X number - this is not relative to other ideas.
The 'write your own' custom formulas seem to not handle % or numbers with a dot so I can't do {Customer Value}*.30+{Strategic Alignment}*.20= or {Customer Value}*30%+{Strategic Alignment}*20%=
Suggestions? Thank you!