I am trying to install sourcetree on my main drive now that my program drive has failed.
However, it gives the error above. Uninstalling is not an option as it complains that "there is a problem with this windows installer package...."
Your old installation has put pointers into the registry to tell Windows where it is. When you try to uninstall, a standard Windows installer package can't cope with damaged or physically removed installations and simply crashes out.
I'm afraid you will need to clean the sourcetree markers out of the registry to enable the installer to work
(This is one of many reasons why a monolithic registry is a terrible idea for an operating system, and we still don't understand why MS haven't moved to a model that works in the real world. Heck, even the dependency hell that Linux package managers inflict on us is better than that)
You could try Microsoft FixIt SourceTree KB: Fixing Install/Uninstall problems - Windows
Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to force install over a previous installation.
Thanks. Unfortunately I have already manually removed entries before seeing your post. Haha.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.