I see this is something that's come up a lot, but not sure if it's come up this way. If I select delivery status, in default vs simple, for issue count:
- Expected behavior: I expect to see the status of the 'linked issue' (the epic on the team's jira queue), regardless of it having sub-tickets or not.
- Observed behavior: I actually see the status of a sub-ticket linked to the delivery ticket.
I DO NOT want to see the linked ticket's sub-ticket(s) status. I want to see the linked 'root' issue.
An example of what I am seeing. I have a JPD project linked to an Epic delivery ticket. The JPD issue status is 'TEAM BACKLOG." The delivery Epic status is "TO DO," and at the moment, only has 1 sub ticket, a task to create the TDD, which is "DONE." The team has not added more tasks/stories as it's not booked for delivery for another few months. BUT... JPD shows the status of the idea/project as "DONE" because the Epic's sub-ticket is "DONE."
This is not helpful as it confuses stakeholders/execs when they look at JPD views and I have to explain its a limitation with Atlassian's tooling.
Is there a way to actually show just the 'root' linked delivery ticket status, do i need to create a work around of a dummy sub-ticket to drive the correct state in JPD, or is there another way?
Thanks!