My team is interested in setting up database HA for our Bamboo instance and have a choice between staying on MySQL or moving to PostgreSQL. We want to have our database be HA but also remain on a platform that will allow us to receive assistance from Atlassian support. At one time, we had a database HA solution for MySQL that used a technology called Percona, but I have been told that this technology is not supported by Atlassian (I have yet to find documentation that says as much).
It looks like MySQL offers an HA solution through InnoDB Cluster and PostgreSQL offers a variety of solutions from disk failover, filesystem replication, WAL, etc.
I've done a bit of searching, but I can't seem to find any documentation that specifically deals with database HA, so my questions are:
- Does Atlassian have a position on supported or recommended database HA platform/configuration for MySQL and PostgreSQL?
- Are there HA solutions that Atlassian explicitly does not support?
- Is database clustering supported?