I'm sending DEPLOYMENT events using the Rest API but they are not showing up in my activity / timeline
NOTE: I see there are only 2 Environments I can see in the UI as well PRODUCTION and STAGING, so I just hard coded the environment to PRODUCTION and it's still not showing.
Here is an example request json object
{ "cloudId": "123asd-1234-4321-wer-asd87asd78as", "event": { "deployment": { "updateSequenceNumber": "76", "displayName": "my project name", "url": "https://bamboo/deploy/viewDeploymentResult.action?deploymentResultId=34177840", "description": "project description", "lastUpdated": "2024-10-04T21:16:57Z", "externalEventSourceId": "project", "deploymentProperties": { "sequenceNumber": "76", "state": "SUCCESSFUL", "pipeline": { "pipelineId": "KEY-PROJ-76", "url": "https://bamboo/deploy/viewDeploymentResult.action?deploymentResultId=34177840", "displayName": "develop-27" }, "environment": { "category": "PRODUCTION", "displayName": "prod", "environmentId": "develop-27" } } } }, "componentId": "ari:cloud:compass:123kj12l3k-1233-47d0-5435-sdfkljsdfi:component/asldkjas0-4343-4112-b44e-asdlkasd899/asdlkpi309-5e76-1234-9ba4-0eee32fdff21" }
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/compass/rest/api-group-events/#api-compass-v1-events-post
using the JSON object from
after doing more testing, it sometimes works, but I think the events have to be unique, so redeploying the same build to the same environment doesn't add a new deployment event
@Phill Pafford Are you incrementing the sequenceNumber or updateSequenceNumber ? At least the updateSequenceNumber has to be incremented each time you're intending to add a new deployment event. This is also documented in the API:
A number specifying the order of the update to the event. Must be incremented to save new events. Otherwise, the request will be ignored.
.
@Sebastian Hesse you were right, I was using the build number which is the same for a deployment event, so I added the last 2 digits from a timestamp and appended the build number to make it unique
example
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP=$(date -u +'%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')## append last 2 characters of the timestamp to build number so it's uniqueUNIQUE_TZ=$(date +%s | tail -c -3)COMPASS_DEPLOYMENT_UPDATE_SEQUENCE_NUMBER="${bamboo.buildNumber}$UNIQUE_TZ"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.