Curating the perfect playlist can set the stage for your most productive days, and choosing the right combination of songs or sounds creates the atmosphere you need to do your best work.
For this month’s Work Life blog, we dig into the research behind some long-held beliefs about music and productivity (hint: Mozart doesn’t really make you smarter) and explore how different types of music affect our state of mind.
What do you like to listen to while you’re working? Are there any particular songs that help you get through your day?
I enjoy listening to '90s pop or '00s English alternative rock when I’m doing more data-driven work. But when I’m writing anything more extensive, I need to listen to lyric-free music so I don’t get words mixed up! So I like a film score, or orchestral covers of popular songs.
We’re putting together a Work Life + Community Spotify playlist, so please share your favorite (safe for work!) songs below, and we might add them our playlist!
After adding your recommendations in the comments, you’ll earn a Work Life kudos badge. ✨

(PS: If you’ve received this badge before, you can get it again!)