I currently up source tree to latest version of source tree i.e 1.8.1 and then I try to open the source tree, i am facing some error message like "how to reslove 'ssh-agent' failed with code-1: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." can some one please help me to resolve the issue.
Install newest version of git
I installed git version 1.9.5 but still facing same issue.
I updated git bash and integrate to the source tree via Tool > Option > Git > Use System GitIt worked
I fallow same steps, but having same error message window comes.
image2016-2-17 12:3:36.png
Atlassian! seriously?!
Best solution... uninstall this s...
Step I did :
1> Update embedded Git (Tool > Option > Git > "Update Embedded Git" - button)
This will download PortableGit.7z at "<user-folder>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree"
2> Extract PortableGit.7z
3> Use as system git (Tool > Option > Git > Use System Git)
select "\bin\git.exe" from extracted folder
I fallow same step except in step 3 i select Use Embedded Git option and issue has gone. thanks
@Craig Chapman is right. Installing newest version is solution in this problem. It also helped me.
+1. The update process for the internal version of git failed to install, but I was able to switch to the system git, update from 1.8 to 2.7, and the ssh-agent issue was resolved.
same issue i am getting git version is 2.6.3 and source tree version is 2.3.5 so please help me how to resole it.
Awaiting for response!
Hi @abhijeet Kamle , @Sukanya Naramreddy , @danchadwick , @Teenage
Reinstalling Sourcetree resolves that Error.Sometime few users also reported ssh-agent issue related to User account permission. There can be other instances too but in this particular issue, we have the following reason.
When Sourcetree crashes:
If the ssh-agent process is already running under Admin Privileges and Sourcetree (does not have Admin Privileges) tries to access it, then it can not (Windows don’t allow it). So if 'OpenSSH Authentication Agent' service (ssh-agent) is already started automatically on windows startup as Admin then Sourcetree will crash when it tries to access the ssh-agent process.
When Sourcetree works fine:
If the ssh-agent process is not already running/started then Sourcetree launches the ssh-agent process under its own access privileges and everything works fine.
Solution:Kill the already running ssh-agent process in Services in Task Manager and try re running Sourcetree as it can launch its own ssh-agent under his access rights.If any user is having this issue we are showing following error message and suggestion to resolve the issue:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.